We are committed to helping our coaches continually expand their existing knowledge base. The primary opportunity for further education is certification within the National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP). For more about the NCCP and how it is currently evolving please click here. For a list of certification courses offered through FHBC please click here.
The Coach Education and Mentorship Program (CEMP) is a new Field Hockey BC initiative (launched in 2007) that is aimed at improving the knowledge base, and on field delivery of our talented and dedicated coaches across the province. It is designed to reinforce the formal certification process offered by the NCCP. In its first year will target U12-U16 Club Coaches as this is the point at which our athletes lay the foundations for a skills base that will serve them throughout their field hockey careers.
The rationale behind the program includes:
- Effectively disseminating the knowledge base of our National Coaches and other Experts
- Making efficient use of existing knowledge
- Generating discussion and advancing ideas and theories
- Addressing systemic weaknesses
- Targeted education for a sustainable impact
For more information on the CEMP please click here.